Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Nandi Hills


Got up in a very lazy state of mind... Sunday, n nothing to do. Then... the riding bug bit .... again :-) . It was time to take my beast out for a run !!!

The Nandi Hills had been on my mind for quite sometime, today was execution day !!!

After having lunch, and doing a basic checkup of my beast, I started around 1:45 pm. Went on to NH7 towards the new airport. And was surprised to see quite some traffic !!! The night time scene is totally different !!!

The feeling of riding on the highway is totally awesome !!! Took about 50 mins to reach the junction for Nandi Hills and took a left turn from there.



Entered a single lane road, trees on both sides,
cool breeze and me breezing along :-) This bliss was short lived... suddenly the road became riddled with potholes !!! Took me some time to adjust to this. After going for about 12 Kms on this road, came to the Ghat's section.

The real fun began here !!!

The road winded up the hill with some pretty steep curves. My Apache stood up to it, rather roared over it !!!

This winding fun continued for about 10 mins. Finally reached the top, parked my ride and went up the steps to Nandi Hill.

The view from up there is simply amazing!!! You can see the road snaking down and the vehicles like toys on a set ;) Went to the temple there, and then just walked about a bit.... taking in the greenery, sights and sounds.

Was there for an hour and then came down. And back on the snake drive down !!! Going down was a good challenge, learnt quite a few things about my Apache.

Reached home by about 6:00 pm. This has been one of my best weekends.... looking forward for a lot more......

1 comment:

  1. So, at last got your pussy cat running eh... Nice writeup though!!!

    ReplyDelete